Sunday, August 30, 2009

Internet Dependency

Oh man. Today, around 8 o'clock I was trying to post my blog and my internet was out! UGH! It was so annoying, and I felt so lost. That led me to a new post topic- the general population's dependency on internet. It's funny to think that a little more than 10 years ago the internet and "surfing the web" was a far-out fantasy idea that seemed too good to be true. Now, we just can't get enough. People are constantly on Facebook, checking email, Twittering, playing games, downloading music and watching pointless funny videos on YouTube. Don't get me wrong, all those things are great (except Twitter, lolha) ; it is awesome to think that a seemingly endless wealth of knowledge is a couple clicks away. However, it is funny to notice what happens when it goes out, like I said before. People have gotten so dependent on the internet that if it doesn't work, they go berserk, like lost puppies wandering the wilderness. Think about it: if you had to go without internet for a week (in your normal everyday life) would you be able to do it? It would be tough, huh? Heck, my little brother's laptop was broken (no interwebs) for a few weeks and he about died of boredom. Kinda sad in my opinion, but fun to watch. But thanks for taking the time to read my blog ON THE INTERNET ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment