Monday, August 31, 2009

Crocs Need to Stop

Today, as my father and I were walking graciously into Kohl's department store, I noticed an unusual lady exiting. She was wearing a bright yellow shirt (as if that wasn't bad enough) and those stupid little "Croc" sandals to match. The Crocs were bright yellow as well. She matched Crocs with her shirt; I couldn't believe my eyes, and I was almost blinded. She looked so stupid. I mean, Crocs are dumb enough in the first place, but to go out of your way to buy some to match with your outfit? Come on! The sad thing is, this isn't the first encounter I have had with a matching-Croc-person. At Disneyland, my happiness was interrupted when I saw a guy wearing turquoise Crocs, and the same color t-shirt. Wow. Just wow. The funnier thing was that the girl with him was wearing turquoise-rimmed sunglasses that matched his outfit perfectly (it added to his stupid look). I have heard that Crocs are "so comfortable" and "so cheap," but that is no excuse to wear them; they make anybody wearing them look like a fool. I don't care who you are, comfort isn't worth looking THAT bad in public. They are made of the cheapest plastic shaped into a shoe with holes in it. Even Jesus sandals (or power sandals, tourist sandals, etc. (thats another post)) don't look as bad. I mean, even if the most gorgeous woman in the world was wearing Crocs, I would be concerned. Some people say, "Oh, I don't care what people think" or "I don't care what I look like to others." Well, you better start caring, because you look like a big idiot with them on, especially if you go out of your way to match them with your outfit. So stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment