Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Liquid Nitrogen

Apparently just about everyone is fascinated by liquid nitrogen (or "dry ice" as it is commonly called). On the first day of school, two out of my four professors used it for a demonstration. I mean, it does look really cool once it has been poured onto the floor, sliding around without getting anything wet until it evaporates. And sticking something like a flower into it for a few seconds, then shattering it on the floor is awesome too. I guess it is also cool to see the water vapor rising from it, and putting some of it in a cauldron to make it look like you are brewing a nasty witches potion to turn someone into a newt. Funny thing is, I set out to prove that liquid nitrogen really isn't as cool as people think, but I changed my mind. It's awesome; I wish I had some right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment