Saturday, October 10, 2009

Toy Story

So I got to go see Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D today! I basically forgot how awesome those movies are. And if you thought they were awesome before, you should see them in "Real D" or 3D. It makes you feel as if you are a toy in Andy's box of toys. I felt a deep connection with Woody, and his plight of selfishness. The funny thing about those movies is all the little comments and lines that go over kids heads. One line that I noticed (that was previously unrecognized by me) was a parody of Forrest Gump. It was in Toy Story 2, and Slinky Dog says, "I may not be a smart dog, but I know what road kill is." For those of you that don't know, it's a parody of when Forrest says, "I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is." I thought it was pretty cool. There were a few other lines, like Woody calling Buzz: Buzz Light Beer or Buzz Light Snack. I love how Pixar / Disney movies can get away with stuff like that. That's why they are the perfect family movies; everyone can enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment