Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bug Bites!

Bug bites are so annoying! I never thought such a small assailant could make me hurt so much. And with bugs, it is never one-and-done (in terms of bites). Instead you get like 50 of them. Last night there was mosquito in my apartment that was causing havoc. Apparently it bit me about 7 times while I was hanging around the living room. I actually saw it land on my arm and sink its little nose thingy in. Gross. I tried to slap it, but missed and spent the rest of the evening paranoid at every little feeling on my skin or hair. I also tried to hunt it, but it avoided me every time. Damn mosquito. If you think about it, it is really gross to wake up in the morning covered in bites, because you know that bugs were crawling all over you while you were sleeping. The worst is spider bites: you see those two little hole surrounded by a mound of red itch, and just know there isn't anything you can do about it. And that anti-itch cream never really works, at least for me. I guess the only retribution we get from bug bites is the fact that we can end a bug's life instead of making it itch for a day. Humans win. (if we don't get malaria or yellow fever).

No comments:

Post a Comment