Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Monty Python & Holy Grail

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is such a classic funny movie. A bunch of us watched it yesterday (I've lost count how many times I've seen it) and it was still hilarious. "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government." Ahaha. From the black knight who declares "It's only a flesh wound" or the peasant who said, "She turned me into a newt....... I got better", that movie is straight-up awesome. I mean, where else can you learn so much about swallows? (African and European). I never even knew that, logically, if a girl weighs as much as a duck then she's made of wood, and therefore, a witch! I could go on and on forever quoting this movie, and well, that would be okay because it would continue to be funny. Just about everyone has seen Monty Python, so quoting it is applicable in many different social situations; if you remember a classic funny line and apply it at the right moment you will get many a laugh. But if you want to achieve true greatness, learn the obscure quotes that aren't so prominent- quotes by Roger the Shrubber or Zoot the temptress. And if you want to learn the best way to insult somebody, take notes from the crazy french guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment