Saturday, September 5, 2009

Movie Experience

Yesterday my friends and I decided to go see the movie "Extract" with Jason Bateman and Mila Kunis. I had one of the typical terrible experiences before the movie even started. Here it goes. First of all, the movie cost $5.50 because I had a coupon. However, I only had $3 in cash, so the other $2.50 was in quarters (not much compared to the times I paid $9 for a movie in quarters. lol). Anyways, so we walk up to the ticket booths and there is a small line. I get in one line and my friends get in the other. Wouldn't you know, their line moved faster. I didn't switch because I was fidgeting with my quarters, trying to get them all in order. So they both paid and had their tickets, and there I was stuck in line behind some old lady. I saw the other ticket window was open (nobody in line) and when I was about to go over there, some guy rushed in ahead of me. Typical. So there I was still stuck behind the lady. Of course, she took forever to get her ticket (for Extract too, actually). So FINALLY I get up to the window and say, "One for Extract, please" as I hand her my coupon. Then she asks for my I.D.! Oh my gosh, that just was the icing on the cake. Both my friends didn't get asked for their I.D.'s and there I was, forced to fumble through my wallet to prove that I was old enough to see the movie. I mean, come on, you only have to be 17 to see R rated movies, and I am 19. I don't look that young; it was so bothersome. Maybe if I was a girl it would be flattering. So I showed her my I.D. and handed her the money. I was glad it was quarters, but deep inside, wished I payed with pennies just to make her suffer. That annoying little prick.

No comments:

Post a Comment